Saturday, October 4, 2008

So Much is Going On!

Wow, so much is going on right now, not only in my life, but in all of our lives, and throughout the nation like it's hard to not only believe but to keep track of.  Huge banks that we see as stable and financially secure are vanishing overnight, Congress in chaos, the President is now powerless, Sen. McCain temporarily suspends his campaign yet is still campaigning, debates here and there, O.J. Simpson found guilty, Houston getting back on its feet after the hurricane but will be forever changed (according to mi madre), and the new season of Desperate Housewives & Grey's Anatomy has started off crappy o and elections are only a month away!  What is the world coming too lol!   In my own life I've officially begun the transfer process into Howard, preparing for Howard homecoming (which involves SHOPPING), searching for a political job that actually pays, trying my best to stay away from beautiful distractions like men (y'all know that's a challenge), and trying to find reasonably priced off-campus housing for next semester.  Basically, it has been fun and exciting yet really scary and sometimes even frustrating times for everyone it seems!

So of course y'all know I couldn't do a blog entry without mention the VP debates right lol.   Tell me why Sarah Palin was on point, I love her, I am officially a political fan.  I love how she told the moderator how she was not going to answer any questions, Sarah Palin said (and I'm paraphrasing), "I'm going to stick to script McCain gave me and that's final!"  I loved it, I mean they all stick to a script that they were given by some adviser or whatever, but she just came out and said it.  I specifically loved the point she made about the Obama campaign's tendency to paint McCain as more Bush.  If you watch the last two  minutes of this clip you'll see what I mean. This was probably my favorite part of the debate and Biden had a good response to Palin's assertion.  It was a real debate and as expected Biden did well but Gov. Palin definitely had the spotlight.  Now, just to make things clear cause y'all be sending me hate mail over facebook, etc. about this Palin deal.  Even though I love Gov. Palin, no I will not vote for them, neither do I see her as vice-president and definitely not vp under McCain because we all know that's just waaaaaaaay too close to being President.

Furthermore, can someone explain to me how Sen. McCain is an American hero!?!  I don't get it.  Thousands if not millions of Americans suffer everyday because of the sacrifices they're making for someone in this country or for the country itself, what makes McCain exceptional.  My mom has sacrificed 21 years of her life so far to making sure my brother and I become American success stories does that qualify her to be President?  Y'all can elect her if you want to, I'll be moving to Africa...a safe part of course where there's no shooting...wait... is there a safe part of Africa?  :)  But in all seriousness, I personally find it disgusting that in order to be defined as an American hero you have to commit some type of macho patriotism that involves an egotistical war.  Why can't Obama be an American hero?  Unlike McCain, Obama has just revolutionized American politics, Obama has re-awakened a sleeping nation, Obama has shattered most social and political constrictions that held so many down (and not just Black people).  So please stop calling McCain an American hero, yes I respect his service but just as much as I respect the million other sacrifices that are being made everyday by all different types of Americans.  Furthermore, I do not want to lose another American life in Iraq, not one!  And all do respect to Gov. Palin, it's not surrender because it's not our fight, Iraq is a culture war and in order for that war to come to an end, the American forces need to leave because we are definitely not the best when it comes to ending cultural conflicts.  

Omg I did not mean for this to be this long lol.  Especially, since the main thing I wanted to write about was myself of course lol...but I realized the other day while I was talking to Angel that the Lord has blessed me with amazing friends.  And when things get hectic like they are right now the people who usually keep me grounded and keep me sane and remind me that the world is not going to end tomorrow are my friends.  Besides, the world can't end until after I'm Governor of Texas, I have already made that known to the Lord, lol... Keep up the good fight!  

O yeah fyi if Howard rejects me then I think I'm going to join the military so I hope yall praying for the best cause we all know I can't survive in nobody's military!  Like are you even allowed to wear contacts?  Do I have to pretend like I'm  one of those......heterosexuals?  OMG does that mean I have to talk about.... FISH!  lol.. lol

3 comments:

Eric said...

Omg, how can you say that John McCain isn't the GREATEST hero America has EVER KNOWN? First of all, the Vietnam War was like the most important war ever. Secondly, John McCain personally saved America. FACT: If John McCain had not gone into that P.O.W. camp to be tortured for years, we would all be speaking Vietnamese today. Bánh mì đặc biệt, Michael? I didn't think so...
In any case, I hope things are going well...
-Eric

MCWJR. said...

Lol Eric you are too funny... first of all you know it would have been impossible for me to speak Vietnamese! I can't even handle Spanish!

Dherek Leon said...

Let me know when the abridged version comes out...lol Shade!!!! I'mma read it, I'm just not into fundamentals at the moment.