Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Today a Miracle was Born!

When my father died almost four years ago I realized how fragile life is and how much we have to protect and love the people God put in our lives.  I believe life always eventually balances itself out.  And experiencing my father's death was definitely one of the most tragic episodes of my life, however, little did I know six months later I would meet someone who has forever changed my life and who has been nothing but a beautiful blessing.  Anurada Samarijiva is her full name.  She was born today Oct. 8, 1986 (if I did my math correctly lol).  I know it sounds weird for me to put my dad's death in context with Anu's birth but I want everyone to understand just how important she is to me.  If God was to give me an ultimatum right now and offered to bring my father back in exchange for never being introduced to Anu I would politely tell God, "tell father I'll see him in heaven".  I have a tattoo of my father on my back right shoulder and this is going to sound cheesy and  possibly crazy as hell but my next tattoo I want it to be of Anu on my chest left breast (of course I have to do alot of chest exercise first).

I try to make it clear to everyone who I love how much I love and appreciate them because the world we live in is unpredictable.  Therefore, I want everyone to know that I am absolutely nothing without God, some members of my family, and people I consider my friends.  However, if you want to know who keeps me encouraged, who keeps me strong, and who keeps me being the person you see today that person is definitely Anu.  At this point I cannot imagine a life without her, no matter where I am or where she is geographically I have to be in constant contact with her.  She is my anchor, my love, and my evidence that God truly exist and is truly a loving and merciful God.  I thank him everyday for creating her.

So Anu when you read this hopefully you see that October 8th is one of the most important dates in my calendar, it's the day a miracle was born.  I love you and I hope you have the best birthday that can ever be conceived of.

No comments: