Sunday, September 14, 2008

Governor Sarah Palin...Yes I'm a Fan

Ok!  Yall know that I'm a passionate supported of Senator Obama, well I'm more passionate about his wife but who cares, the Obamas I love them and I want them in the White House.  Also, I find Senator McCain annoying at this point, a poor OLD (and I don't care if that's ageist) fool who felt left out by his party so he became "independent" and now doing whatever he can to accomplish what he's been DYING for since he came back from Vietnam.  :)  Okay that's harsh and somewhat catty but for a man that once was actually respected by a wide range of people from both parties he has really tarnished his reputation as being a "maverick" at this point of the presidential campaign and refuses to focus on actual solutions to our most pressing issues we as Americans are facing right now.

However, the smartest thing Senator McCain has done in this entire race is pick Sarah Palin as his VP candidate, no one ever guessed or predicted it, it created this huge media frenzy and re-energized Republicans nationally.  All this is well known.  At first I was saying exactly what most liberals were saying, "Sarah Palin is wrong for this country" "she's from Alaska!  What the hell can anything from Alaska do for us?"  but as I begin to look into her more I realized that I actually love this woman!  Okay this is surprising to some and not so surprising to others I know.  But based off of the one interview she has really done so far, which can be seen here, she really showed how much of a brilliant politician she is.  I feel she carries the same forcefulness and sternness that Hilary Clinton is famous for but she's not as aggressive with it and annoying.  Also, I realized that dismissing Gov. Palin because she's from Alaska is sort of disrespectful and elitist.  I mean I have never been to Alaska, I have no idea what types of problems exist their and what she faced as mayor/governor.  These things should be looked into before we automatically dismiss her from being from America's closest state to Russia, lol.

Gov. Palin was smart with having her first interview done in Alaska where it showed her humble home and neighborhood, the high school or college she graduated from and how she still remains very involved in her local communities.  Her house is only two stories, I mean she came off as very down to earth and like a common person, someone you could meet just walking down the street, well not any streets where there are Black people lol but like the Galleria area if you're familiar with Houston or the NW area in Portland or the Georgetown area in D.C..  I value that, I want somebody in the White House who's not a career politician and consumed with the economic benefits of being a career politician.

I agree with Gov. Palin on many issues including abortion and gun laws.  I mean she made the argument that gun control is theoretically pointless, watch the interview and you'll see the brilliant things she say about it.  But what was really impressive about Gov. Palin was her answer to homosexuality, she basically said she has no right to judge and that she has members in her family with "diverse" lifestyles as do most Americans.  I loved that answer and now whenever I see her speak I actually listen instead of immediately dismissing her commentary as insignificant.  Gov. Palin is an extremely intelligent woman, she will definitely add diversity to Washington politics and she is a queen when it comes to political strategy, something Obama has been lacking lately.

Furthermore, most arguments that are used against Gov. Palin can also be applied to Senator Obama, the fact that she's inexperienced, has no real foreign policy experience, and that she's politically unknown, all of these are Obama's faults too but at least she's just running as a VP candidate NOT for President like Obama.  As of right now, the only thing I don't like about her is her voice, lol, now that mess is annoying as hell, especially when she's yelling at a campaign rally, she sounds like Karen from Will & Grace, that in itself almost made me turn off the interview but I tolerated it, cause you know we're suppose to be more tolerant towards each other but it was hard!

Gov. Palin is not enough for me to switch my support from Senator Obama but she is definitely bringing change to Republican politics, the Republican power structure is no longer exclusive to White men mainly from the South.  I am hoping that if Senator McCain lose he would be dumped again by the Republican party and Gov. Palin will be embraced and viewed as the party's new leader.  If this happens then I'll be tempted to re-register as a Republican, especially if Michelle don't keep Senator Obama inline lol.

4 comments:

Diana said...

Wow, Michael I'm so surprised that you are a Palin fan! My dad is too, which I find really hilarious. You have something in common with my dad! Anyway, I feel like picking Sarah Palin was just a political ploy to sucker in voters...doesn't that bother you at all? I mean, I guess it's all politics, but this seemed so damn blatant to me. Also, you said you agree with her on the abortion issue...I may be wrong, but doesn't she renounce abortion even in cases when the mother's life is in danger?

MCWJR. said...

Omg! I can't believe I have something in common w/ your dad either! lol...

Picking Gov. Palin probably was a political ploy but they all do it, Obama tried to do it by picking Biden, Obama tried to gain experience and cature to the traditional democrates that are skeptical of him. But that does bother me but I don't blame Gov. Palin for that at all, I mean who wouldn't accept this chance.

Gov. Palin believes abortion is wrong in all cases except for in case the mother's life is in danger, I BELIEVE, from my limited understanding she believes abortion is wrong even in the case of insest, now that's what some people are finding abnormal.

And I'm surprised I'm a Palin fan myself, like I said in the blog at first I didn't want to like her cause she poses a threat to my Obama lol...

Diana said...

You know when you leave a comment it asks you to type in a bunch of jumbled up letters? This time it says something very close to "sperm". Anyway, did you know I have a blog? I used to update it a lot in high school, but I think you just inspired me to start it up again. You should add me and then I can get a follower...

Dherek Leon said...

Ugh! Micheal, don't get me started. Dialogue needs to be engaged soon about this topic.