Monday, September 8, 2008

Arriving in D.C. & the first few weeks

This blog is meant to keep all of the people I care about and have touched me in some way informed on what's going on in my life, my thoughts, and experiences. When I left Portland I had a host of feelings and emotions. So many people has touched my life in Portland and helped developed me into the person I am today. There are also several people who I can never repay for the kindness and love they have shown me. Leaving Portland was an extremely humbling experience and it made me fully realize how important friends, mentors, and people in general are.



I have been in D.C. for 3 weeks now and it definitely seems like longer. So much has happened already and time is going by so fast. I am currently only taking 4 classes at Howard, my two favorite classes so far is Colloquium on 20th Century Unitied States History & Colloquium on Race, Gender, & Law in Modern European History. Ironically these two classes are very similiar to Reed's "conference" style format. I'm loving being back in D.C., I love the people I'm surrounded by however I constantly feel like something is missing and I'm often finding myself thinking of people at Reed. In addition to my classes I'm also working at the school's bookstore being customer service representative, lol, they have real official titles at Howard. I find myself wanting to get involved but very hesitant of course lol. I do not want to get distracted ya know? lol..... this semester I most want to focus on school, saving money, and developing positive friendships. It's hard though because this is the perfect time to get involved politically w/ Congress, omg lol... like it's so hard not to pass by my old internship office and ask if they have anymore positions for me and give them a smile they can't say no to lol.. jk... but seriously it's hard!

Anyways, the other purpose of this blog is just communicate ideas, theories, and opinions that we Reedies are so prone to doing! lol.. Like I have so much to say about this Obama-Biden ticket lol.. like talk about a disappointing choice ALREADY and he's not even president yet, Lord what are we getting into but if I don't support him I think I'll get excommunicated fromt the black community lol jk, omg especially here at Howard, I haven't met a single person who isn't passionate about Obama. And y'all know I dont like to fall into the crowd lol.. so I might have to do some research on my girl Palin and see what's up w/ her lol.. :) I'm just teasing..I'm no longer a registered Republican anyways lol.. thanks to Obama..

But yeah yall let me know what's going on! You know my email address, it's posted on here and you might be able to respond directlyt o this post.... I will be updating this CONSTANTLY so always check it out... even if I'm just ranting about some homophobe making a comment as I walk by with my gifted walk lol which is bound to happen being surrounded by these blk folks lol.... that part will definitely make me miss Portland... LOVE YOU ALL... update me on what's going on in your lives! Like immediately lol...

2 comments:

T.A.G said...

Michael, you were a registered republican??? We need to talk about that ... lol

MCWJR. said...

Yeah I was lol... I mean I'm from Texas even our liberal democrats are somewhat conservative compared to the crazy liberals in the NW lol... jk.. but I'm slowling evoling lol... :)