Monday, December 15, 2008

That's the Thanks we Get?


I was a little disturbed this weekend to find out that an n Iraqi reporter threw both of his shows at President Bush, the president had to duck twice! I have to admit, at first I thought it was funny but then I started thinking about it. We did not liberate millions of Iraqis and in the process sacrificed thousands of American lives for shoes to be thrown at us. I understand having military strategy and policy differences with the president but if it wasn't for him that reporter wouldn't even have the liberty to be a reporter, not a real one at least. This is frustrating because I feel many Iraqis are ungrateful and yes I understand being frustrated with the U.S., I understand even wanting the U.S. to leave so they can fully take control of their own government and possibly have a real democracy, however, all of them would still be under a violent tyranny if it wasn't for the U.S. for who knows how long. Yes, the president deserved to be asked tough significant questions by that reporter but throwing shows was the ultimate disrespect and makes me feel they don't really deserve the freedom that will eventually be a blessing to that entire nation.

3 comments:

Rychuswon said...

You cannot hold one man responsible for an entire nation. Every individual has their own voice and from that their own action. I completely understand where you are coming from, but in the same light, one cannot judge the Iraqi people for what one man has done. It's like sayin all African Americans hate Whites... so untrue. You can't say the Iraqi's don't deserve freedom because one man threw a shoe at someone. My opinion.

Peter Dijon Thompson II said...

You right about that madam! I agree with you, however it wasn't just one man the Iraqi people held protest to release the reporter and praising his actions. However, I do get what you are saying, we can't blame the whole population for the actions of the few.

lastisland said...

point! ... but, typos honey are not cute (shoes not shows)/// ...who's a dork now?!